Talking To A Lawyer About Your Employer

9 January 2020
 Categories: Law, Blog


If you end up dealing with a situation with your employer in which they have broken any state and/or federal laws or violated your rights in any way, then you may decide you wish to take legal action against them. For you to do this, you are going to want to secure an attorney for yourself who will prove to be invaluable to you throughout the process.

To learn more about times when you may want to speak to an attorney to see if you do have a case, you should read the following information that will give you some insight into some of the different things people can bring a case against their employers for. 

1. You were questionably terminated

If you have been terminated and you question whether you may have been wrongfully terminated from your position, then talking to a lawyer can help. The lawyer will let you know if you may have a case and if so, they may decide to take your case.

2. You feel you have been discriminated against

It isn't always easy to know whether you have been discriminated against and it is also something that can be difficult to prove. However, if you feel that you may be dealing with workplace discrimination, then you should talk to a lawyer about your situation and they can help you determine whether what you are dealing with is discrimination and they can counsel you on what your options are, as well as help you if you do have a case.

3. You aren't being paid what you are owed

There are a lot of ways an employer may not be paying you an amount they owe you. The employer may not be giving you minimum wage, they may not be making right on a bounced paycheck, they may be keeping your tips, they may not be giving you the sick pay they owe you, they may not be giving you the overtime pay you have earned. There are many other ways they may owe you money they aren't making good on.

If your employer isn't paying you the money they rightfully owe you, then you should talk to a lawyer who will look at your case and give you some advice, which may include taking your employer to court for the money.

To address your employer on legal matters, you may want to contact employment law representation services.